At the occasion of the 30th anniversary of SN 1987A in the Large Magellanic Cloud, the Symposium IAUS 331 “SN 1987A, 30 years later”
When? February 20-24, 2017
aims at making the link between the stellar progenitors and the multi-wavelength/multi-messenger manifestation of core-collapse Supernovae (cc-SNe) and their remnants (SNRs) in terms of extreme sources of high-energy particles and nuclei.
By bringing together theorists, observers and instrumentalists from diverse geographical regions and fields of expertise, making focus on the best studied case, the Symposium will span a broad spectrum of important, interconnected, topics within this rapidly evolving research field of cc-SNe and SNRs. Its main objectives are to:
- gather and promote our accumulating knowledge in this rich domain,
- shed light on the above-mentioned open questions through an interdisciplinary approach,
- pave the way for the exploitation of future (post-2018) multi-wavelength and multi-messenger facilities,
- promote astronomy through school and public lectures, exhibitions, and stargazing sessions at Les Makes Observatory in La Réunion.
We invite contributions on the following topics:
- Latest evolutionary stages of massive stars as cc-SN progenitors
- cc-SNe as stellar explosive outcomes
- cc-SN explosion mechanisms
- cc-SN remnants and impacts
- Particle acceleration & Origin of cosmic rays
- SN 1987A, 30 years later
- Non-thermal multi-wavelength/multi-messenger data on SNe and SNRs
The most important dates and deadlines for the IAUS 331 Symposium are:
- August 1st 2016: Early-bird Registration (250 EUR), Abstract Submission & Request for IAU Financial Support open.
- November 1st 2016: Early-bird Registration, Abstract Submission & Request for IAU Grant Applications close.
- December 20th 2016: Late Registration (300 EUR) close.
- February 20th 2016: Symposium starts.
- September 2017: Publication of the IAU Symposium proceedings by Cambridge University Press
The IAUS 331 Symposium is supported by the following institutions:
International Astronomical Union IAU
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS
University of Montpellier UM
Laboratoire Univers et Particules de Montpellier LUPM
Observatoire de Recherche Méditerranéen de l’Environnement OSU-OREME
If you have any question concerning the Symposium, please contact the SOC co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you in La Réunion Island!