At the occasion of the 30th anniversary of SN 1987A in the Large Magellanic Cloud, the Symposium IAUS 331 “SN 1987A, 30 years later”
When? February 20-24, 2017
aims at making the link between the stellar progenitors and the multi-wavelength/multi-messenger manifestation of core-collapse Supernovae (cc-SNe) and their remnants (SNRs) in terms of extreme sources of high-energy particles and nuclei.
By bringing together theorists, observers and instrumentalists from diverse geographical regions and fields of expertise, making focus on the best studied case, the Symposium will span a broad spectrum of important, interconnected, topics within this rapidly evolving research field of cc-SNe and SNRs. Its main objectives are to:
- gather and promote our accumulating knowledge in this rich domain,
- shed light on the above-mentioned open questions through an interdisciplinary approach,
- pave the way for the exploitation of future (post-2018) multi-wavelength and multi-messenger facilities,
- promote astronomy through school and public lectures, exhibitions, and stargazing sessions at Les Makes Observatory in La Réunion.
We invite contributions on the following topics:
- Latest evolutionary stages of massive stars as cc-SN progenitors
- cc-SNe as stellar explosive outcomes
- cc-SN explosion mechanisms
- cc-SN remnants and impacts
- Particle acceleration & Origin of cosmic rays
- SN 1987A, 30 years later
- Non-thermal multi-wavelength/multi-messenger data on SNe and SNRs
The most important dates and deadlines for the IAUS 331 Symposium are:
- October 31st 2016: Request for IAU Financial Support close.
- November 15th 2016: Abstract Submission close.
- November 20th 2016: Deadline for Early Registration (250 EUR). Pre-booked rooms at Le Village de Corail are released.
- December 20th 2016: Deadline for Late Registration (300 EUR).
- February 20th 2017: Symposium starts.
- September 2017: Publication of the IAU Symposium proceedings by Cambridge University Press
The IAUS 331 Symposium is supported by the following institutions:
International Astronomical Union IAU
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS
University of Montpellier UM
Laboratoire Univers et Particules de Montpellier LUPM
La Société Française d’Astronomie et d’Astrophysique SF2A
Observatoire de Recherche Méditerranéen de l’Environnement OSU-OREME
Société Française de Physique SFP
LabeX Origines, Constituants et EVolution de l’Univers OCEVU
Regional Council of La Réunion Région Réunion
Interested in attending the meeting? Just let us know by using the dedicated Contact form.
If you have any question about the Symposium, please send an e-mail to the SOC co-chairs at email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you in La Réunion Island!